Why I Started this Blog

 

Hey there friends! I am far from new to writing but I am pretty new to the blogging scene. I am an author with several works in several genres available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble written under both Natisha DuPree Bossie and N.D. Bossie. However, starting a blog felt like it should be a personal journey, a documenting of something that is near and dear to you or a subject that you are passionate about.

So I decided to start a blog about my dogs. Not because they are any better than anyone else's dogs but because their stories are interesting and unique, also relatable. So here's a quick recap of my team and a little bit about them. And you can follow my blog to learn more about their back stories as well as ask questions about their Progress.


Let's start with my oldest, Sargent or Sarge for short:


Sarge is a 10 year old Cane Corso that I've had since he was 4 months old. He you look closely at his left eye you'll see that there is a deformity there, not so much of a deformity as there is a growth over the actual eye, so he can only see out of the right. Sarge is quite the character as he has decided years ago that he is a people and should be treated as such.


Next we have two new additions to our family. We weren't actually planning to take in any new dogs since the passing of Sarge's mate and our alpha female (besides me of course) Nova.
She was a beautiful Sable Corso and the sweetest girl you could ever meet, but she did not play when it came to her family (the people of the puppies.)


But life can be funny and I got a call about two weeks ago asking if I'd be willing to take in an abused pit puppy. It had been almost a year since we'd lost Nova and I told myself I wasn't ready to take in another dog and that when I was it would be a French Bulldog that I could ride with me in the car, (I spend most of my time in my car writing anyway and it would be nice to have the company). They told be her story and when my husband got home he already had her in his truck. How could I turn her away? So, 8 month old Cassidy came to stay. She was incredibly timid and jumpy, as well as severely underweight. She also has a bent in her tail from being grabbed or having it slammed in a door.
Finally, about a week after we got Cassidy my husband got a call from a friend of his that we'd given one of our Corso puppies from Nova's first and only litter. Due to some unfortunate circumstances he could no longer provide for her and knew very few people would try to take on a dog her size with the issues she had. She was weary of everyone after being kept caged and isolated most of the time. He'd explained that the woman he'd been dating who cared for her while he was away at work wasn't always kind to her and as a result she was jumpy and afraid. He first reaction to anyone was to bark ferociously, which I immediately recognized as her not being aggressive but simply afraid and unaware of how to deal with being over-stimulated.


I was beyond excited to have one of Nova's puppies back and I knew that with a little work and training she would be just fine. And with that we welcomed 1 year old (15 months to be exact) Jazzmine or Jazz, to our family.

So with two, hundred plus pound Cane Corsos and a hyper active APBT puppy in our home it can be quite a circus sometimes, but if nothing else there is always something worth writing about going on. Oh, did I mention I'm going to be a grandma soon? And that my daughter lives with us? Stay tuned...






Comments

Popular Posts